Pork Crown Roast
Pork Crown Roast looks like it is prepared for a king. The presentation of the Pork Crown Roast is impressive for a holiday meal or special dinner guests.
- 1 Pork Crown Roast (10-12 bone)
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Red Apple
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Cups of Herb Bread Stuffing
- 1 Tablespoons Crushed Walnuts
- 1 Tablespoons Raisins
- Cotton Twine
- Aluminum Foil
Prepare the Grill
Prepare the grill for indirect cooking 325-350 degrees
Prepare the Stuffing
- Cut the Celery stalk into 1/2’ thick pieces.
- Cut the Apple into 3/4’ chunks.
- In a small pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted add the cut celery
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the sliced Apple, Crushed Walnuts, Raisins, and Stuffing.
- Continue to stir until all the Herb Stuffing is coated with butter and moist.
Prepare the Pork
- Use natural Cotton Twine string the roast to make a round shape with an open center.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Massage the marinade into the pork.
- Fill the open center with the stuffing.
- Wrap each bone with aluminum foil; this will prevent the bones from burning.
Cook and Serve
- Place roast onto grill and cook over indirect heat for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, depending on size and thickness of roast. If the meat is turning brown to quickly, do not hesitate to cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Take the meat off the grill once it reaches 150 degrees in multiple locations.
- Place onto a large cutting board and tent with foil.
- Rest meat for 10 minutes before carving.
- Remove foil from bones and cut the twine.
- Cut each portion between the bones and serve.