Samgyeopsal ( 삼겹살) – Grilled Pork Belly is a favorite Korean BBQ dish at Charcoal and Fire. It is simple to make and is usually enjoyed fresh off the grill while seconds and thirds are cooking. This Samgyeopsal was cooked with vegetable skewers in a Korean inspired marinade.
- 3 Pounds Pork Belly – sliced 1/4″ thick
- BBQ Rub – this can be any of your favorite barbecue seasoning or can be excluded.
- Wooden or Metal Skewers
- 2 Onions
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 6-10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Red Chili Flakes
- 4 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
Prepare the Grill
- Preheat Grill for Direct Medium High Heat
Prepare the Food and Cook
- Season the pork belly to your liking
- Grill on Medium High to High. Cook one side until bottom is a little crispy
- Flip and repeat. Feel free to flip more often, you will not hurt the pork
- As the pieces finish, remove from the grill. Use meat scissors and cut into bite size pieces, 1″x1″
- Continue cooking if any remaining pork belly. 맛있어요!
- In large bowl mix Red Chili Flakes, Sesame Oil, Vinegar, and Sesame Seeds
- Cut vegetables into pieces approximately 1″x1″. Do not cut the cherry tomatoes
- Put all vegetables in the large bowl and mix all together
- Skewer all the vegetables
- Grill Direct on Medium to Medium High